so, it seems that the mt. dew and the name that church posts weren't thought provoking enough. you people sure do make this blog thing difficult.
maybe this one will get you going. (this is what happnes on a slow day at work)
what if the devil changed his mind? what if the devil is the original prodigal son that just hasn't come back?
dicuss.
an opinion left unchecked is soon considered truth. - the pete
Wednesday, November 23, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
Makes you have to deal with prophecy, then. Is prophecy what will happen, or the what will happen unless?
I tend to think that it's what will happen, because the reason we are given end time prophecy is so that we can prepare... although I think we imagine we know a lot more about what that means than we really know.
Interesting question. Do the same rules of grace and redemption apply apart from humanity?
Can I get back to you on this one? I smell turkey and stuffing...
brb...
::burp::
Ok, I'm back, althought still a little groggy...
Aside from the aforementioned prophecy, I have no scriptural defense for my position, but I'm inclined to believe that Lucifer's redemption is a no go (unless there's some proviso known only to the spirit world that would allow otherwise).
Even if he could change his mind and gain forgiveness, it doesn't get me off the hook for all my crap. I still need a savior.
Prophesy has more to do with the justice-seeking language of the prophets than it does with trying to read the Bible as if it were some tea leaves. Or at least that's how I tend to view it. You also have to take into account that its quite possible that some of the prophesies we think are about the end of time might actually have been fulfilled back in the first century and might be more about the relationship between Rome and the early Christians than about current geopolitical realities. Just some food for thought.
It certainly wouldn't surprise me if there's a plan of salvation for fallen angels.
Similar to what wasp jerky said... prophecy isn't usually fortune-telling. It's usually warning and encouragement to change behavior. Like Jonah with Ninevah, perhaps the statements about what will eventually happen to the Devil and his buddies is meant to encourage him to repent. Maybe it's a statement of what will happen if he doesn't, rather than a statement that it's guaranteed to happen.
I don't expect him to repent, but it's possible.
Post a Comment