an opinion left unchecked is soon considered truth. - the pete

Wednesday, December 20, 2006

I'd like to order one president, hold the double-speak.

from the BBC:
Asked why he was now saying the US was not winning in Iraq just weeks after saying "Absolutely, we're winning", Mr Bush said his earlier comment had referred to his belief that the US would eventually triumph.

how is this not lying? same goes for the "weapons of mass destruction".

please, someone, fire this guy. Clinton lied to a court and he got fired. this "present-dent" of america lied to everyone. several times. and isn't sorry about it. and will continue to in order to achieve his priorities (not the priorities of the people who are his employers)

this reminds me of church administrations, by the way. "just trust us"

uhm, no.

2 comments:

shelly said...

Not to mention Bush's lies have cost thousands of lives.

IMPEACHMENT NOW! And, while I'm at it, the same ought to be done for Dick Cheney and Condi Rice (both of whom are practically swimming in the Kool-Aid and have rose-tinted glasses hermetically sealed to their faces).

Wasp Jerky said...

In a perfect world, I'd love to see the guy impeached. But I think it would be the dumbest thing Democrats could do. I think they'll be better off to push for legislation that is actually meaningful and important (like, I dunno, doing something about global warming before we all drown). If they can push for some investigations into the administration's behavior over the past six years, I think the public will take care of the rest.